- Neil Calman, M.D., CEO of the Institute for Family Health, one of the largest networks of community health centers in New York State;
- Judy Faulkner, CEO of Epic Systems;
- Art Davidson, M.D., director of Public Health Informatics for Denver Public Health
- Christoph U. Lehmann, M.D., the founding medical director of the American Academy of Pediatrics Child Health Informatics Center and a professor in Pediatrics and Biomedical Informatics at the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt University in Tennessee, as an expert on vulnerable populations;
- Neal Patterson, co-founder, chairman and CEO of Cerner Corp. as a vendor representative;
- Kim J. Schofield, health educator and advocacy chair for the Lupus Foundation of America’s Georgia Chapter, representing consumers and patients.
Next weeks very important Proposed Risk-Based Regulatory Framework and Strategy for Health IT Workshop convened by the FDA should provide even greater clarity into the development of the Health IT Safety Center and important development of potential regulations for software which falls into the Health Management Functionality category.
Karen DeSalvo also announced during the meeting that new workgroups are being formed. The ONC is Congressionally mandated to update its Health IT strategic plan, and will be adjusting its organizational structure and creating new workgroups to align with overall goals and available resources. The categories for new workgroups are being formed along:
- Health IT Strategic Planning
- Advanced Health Models and Meaningful Use
- Interoperability & Health Information Exchange (HIE)
- Health IT Implementation, Usability and Safety
- Privacy and Security